Thursday, January 20, 2011

But God is Faithful.....

Have you ever felt your world shift upside down?  Like everything you ever thought you knew was just your own imagination?

Ok, I'm not doubting God in any of this, just so no one has a heart attack.  He hasn't failed us yet.  And I know he's not about to now.

Here's what's happening.  In the months since I last posted, we have gone down to the barest of bare minimums trying to keep up with the bills.  We have been off line for a while now, and I'm only on now through the generosity of my parents and my neighbor.  Doug's job is 45 miles away, and the money he makes there barely covers gas and utilities.  My job is paying the bulk bills, but now...

Well, yesterday morning, Doug had a seizure.  When we went to the doctor this morning, he said it doesn't sound like the epileptic kind.  It sounds like a Psychogenic nonepileptic seizure.  It has something to do with stress, and when he passes out, he has a seizure.  It shouldn't be anything serious.  However, for the next two weeks, Doug will not be able to go to work, since he is not supposed to drive or operate heavy machinery until he has an MRI and an EKG done. 

Trusting God through all of this is getting harder.  If I didn't have Him, though, I would probably be stressed out right now.  There are things that are going on that make it feel as though he is a million miles away.  I'm so glad to know that the God on the mountain is still God in the valley.  When things go wrong, He'll make us strong.  And the God in the good times, is still God in the bad times.  The God of the day is still God in the night.

"But God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able."

No comments: