Friday, February 25, 2011

But God is STILL Faithful....

SO, it has now been a month since Doug's seizure, and life has been turned upside down.

Since I posted last, we went to the neurologist, who told us that he wanted to run more tests on Doug.  He was out of work until those tests were done.  The overnight EEG, the first one was in March.... until God opened one up for the VERY DAY of his neurologist's appointment (which God made sure no one else took, and made sure the insurance covered).  Then, the nerve test, which was scheduled for that Thursday, but the machine was broked... until God made sure it was fixed for the test. Another week of waiting so that the results would be in, and the neurologist said he has no idea why Doug had the seizure.  Asked our opinion, and told him how Doug had had seizures in the Navy, then again now when he started using Sudafed again after a 15 year break of never usng it.  He is NOT allowed to take it again!!!!

Because of the long absence from work, Doug lost his job.  But God gave us $60 in the mailbox, $75 in the truck, $80 in the truck when it was parked at my mother-in-law's house, and $50 today in the mail.  The one today, was in a gift card which a friend of mine won at a ladies conference in the state of Oregon.  She felt led the whole time to give it to me.  God has been good!!!  He has not failed us yet, and I'm excited to see what is next.

Right now, I am packing up the house, moving things into my Mother-in-law's attic, and preparing to move to.... I don't know where. I feel like Sarah following Abraham when she didn't know where she was going.  My theme verse at the moment is Isaiah 30:21 "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, this is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

1 comment:

Busy1 said...

Wow! I just read your blog tonight for the first time in a while and I am so sorry. I cannot imagine all that you must be feeling and facing right now. But I applaud your testimony and your courage. It is exciting when you witness how God takes care of you and blesses you, isn't it? If only it didn't have to be so scary at the same time!! I pray that God will continue to bless you and surprise you daily with his goodness.