Tuesday, February 2, 2010

God is SO GOOD!!

Isn't it amazing that, just when you need Him most, God comes through in a greater, more unbelievable way than you could possibly imagine??

Today, I needed to run by the store for two things that we needed: oil and honey.  I had exactly $5.93 to make the food fit into.  I prayed about it, and off we went.  I got inside, and went for the oil.  There was a smaller container there (half the size I normally buy) for $2.49.  Great!  That was almost half of the money that I had to spend.  And that was without tax.  And honey was sure to be more expensive. 

So, I sent a quick prayer heavenward, and started glancing around to see if there was anything on sale (that was the store brand, so I wasn't holding out much hope).  I looked down at the size of oil that I usually buy, and it was only $2.39!!!  WHAT???  I was really confused, so I looked around to be sure that I was right.  Sure enough, twice the oil, $.10 cheaper.  Ok, Thank you LORD!!  And off we went to buy the honey.

After walking in circles a few minutes, I found the honey.  The cheapest of which was $3.49.  Added together with the oil, it was $5.90.  It only left me $.03 for tax.  That wouldn't be enough.  So I looked again, and prayed.  There, right beside the cheapest one, was a bottle of Sue Bee honey.  It was $4.25.  More expensive.  I was about to look away, when it was almost as if God took my head inbetween his hands and said "LOOK!!"  On the front, was a coupon for $1.00 off.  Instant savings!!  WOOHOO!!!

All that to say, God answers prayer.  I have $.15 left over from my grocery store trip.  Also, while we were outside, I met up with a friend who gave me some strawberries, some grapes, some apples, and a cheesecake. 

What's that verse???  "Now unto him that is able to do EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY ABOVE all that we could ask or think......"  AMEN

No comments: