Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blogs I follow and why

So, I'm putting this down more for myself than for anyone else (since I have SO many followers) *eye roll*

I follow eleven different blogs and enjoy each one for a specific reason.

An Abiding Place: My friend from college (who I remember as Miss McSherry) puts down thoughts kind of like my own blog.  I follow it mostly to keep up with what is going on in her life.  Some of her ideas, I steal, but since that is more of a personal blog, I won't add a link.

Heavenly Homemakers:  Ms. Laura is a kindred spirit, and I enjoy reading everything she puts down.  From recipies (which I have stolen for use in my home) to friendly advice, to more natural eating, to homeschooling FOUR little boys.  I can't tell you how valuable I find her information.  I read everything she puts out, every morning.  Some articles I have favorited, and return to them often.  Her site is: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/

Keeper of the Home: She has really good tips for gardening and I enjoy her upbeat, positive attitude.  Her husband has cancer, if I'm reading it right, and yet she still takes the time to pass on information.  Her site is: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/

Keeping of Time:  She has three little girls, about the same ages as my three little boys, and I enjoy hearing their adventures (living vicariously, I guess) and I also enjoy looking at her art projects and aquiring the ideas.  Her site is: http://keepingoftime.blogspot.com/

New Life on a Homestead:  This is one of my favorites.  She and her husband just started a homestead that utilizes less electricity and does more things from scratch.  I enjoy reading the "mishaps" and trials and tribulations that I would no doubt do the exact same way.  She is hilarious!!  Her site is: http://newlifeonahomestead.com/

Passionate Homemaking:  I love this one because she deals with everything home-making related.  Everything from cooking naturally to good appliances, to husband-wife relationships, to ideas for children.  Her site is:  http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/

Preschoolers and Peace:  She usually has good ideas to use with Aaron, and for now, her daughter is in the hospital, pretty messed up.  So, for now, it tells me what to pray about.  Her site is: http://www.preschoolersandpeace.com/

River Rock Cottage:  Just found her site, but I'm enjoying her things about home-school.  Her four girls are older than my boys, but with her experience, I'm learning some valuable lessons about home-school.  Her site is: http://riverrockcottage.blogspot.com/.  However, she just recently moved to http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/ and is doing a give-away until noon on Saturday, Feb 13th.  I'm really enjoying the information she is sharing on the new site.

The Royalty Review:  It's the blog of a friend from college.  Her's is a private blog.  I follow it for everything from pictures of her kiddos, to info on what she's up to nowadays, to thoughts from the Bible, to funny quotes.  She's just fun to follow.  Sorry, no link. 

So, there you have it.  Blogs that I follow... why I follow them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Becky, what an honor to be mentioned in your blog following! And along with some great blogs, too! I'm glad you found Homestead Revival. Sorry to make it so difficult on everyone, but I know the change over to the new blog will be worth it in the long run.

Your three little men are adorable! You are in for some fun my friend!! I look forward to hearing from you again.
Blessings!