Tuesday, October 11, 2011

From the Brand New Home....

So, here we are in a brand new city, with a brand new church, and brand new friends...

And you know? God is still faithful!!!  Doug looked for a church in the weeks before the boys and I arrived, but was unable to do much as the churches he called never got back to him. Because of being in the city with no form of transportation other than the public bus lines, he was dependent on the church to get back with him for a ride to church.  The only church that got back with him was Coastal Light, and it has been perfect in every way. What a wonderful church FAMILY the Lord has provided for us here. I could go on and on. We are taking our time to be sure about the church, but it feels like HOME already, and we're ready to get busy in it.

Doug's job is going well. We found out after he started that he had been picked out of 2,200 applicants for his job, and so far he is doing a great job. He took his first test today toward being fully independent in his work. He passed. With flying colors. I'm so proud of him!!!

The boys and I are starting school now that we are in place. We don't have everything we need yet, but we are starting with what we have, and we should have the rest next week or so. I am excited about training them to be Godly young men, one day at a time.

Which brings me to the last part. We were also blessed in that we are able to stay in the temporary housing for two months instead of only one. See, as a result of moving ourselves (with things stored in four separate loacations, I couldn't ask any moving company to do it for me) we had much more money left over from the monies they were willing to pay for our move. Because of that, we are able to stay in temorary housing for an extra month. WHAT A BLESSING!!!!!!! With Doug being out of work, then getting paid so little to work, we made it here by the skin of our teeth. Now, with two months in the temporary home, we have enough time to save up a good amount for the deposits we will need to pay.  GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." God has led this entire way, and I cannot doubt that he will continue to lead our family in the future. I love that there is "an expected end". That means, God has already been where I'm going, he knows "...the way that I take, [and] when I am tried, I shall come forth as gold."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just happened across
your blog and read your profile.

I think it's great that you homeschool. However, you may want
to spell it correctly on your profile. It will help the homeschool image.

Just some constructive criticism.

Have a blessed day!!! God bless you as you raise your boys for Him!

Becky C said...

Thanks. Never noticed that!!!