Saturday, August 13, 2011

When God Answers Prayer

So, I've found out that when God answers prayer, he answers them BIG TIME!!!!!!!

Let's back up so I can fill you in on the last SIX MONTHS!!  I haven't posted much, other than to encourage myself, because we don't have internet where we are living and I have to be at my parents, his moms, or the library to use a computer that has internet.

We moved out of our other home because we were no longer able to afford payments, and when life seemed it's darkest, God provided a home for half as much money as the other was costing us.  It was worth it, the neighbors were all grownups, but that was okay because it meant our apartment was pretty calm.  Then, everyone cleared out and we got new neighbors.  Some with less than desirable habits, and some who had friends that did not value the property of others. But that's only happened in the last month, so, for the most part it has been wonderful.

God gave us some super understanding people to work with for rent, and that has been good since I am without my interpreting job right now.  Doug was working about 45 minutes away from home, and come to find out, only paying for gas with the money he made.  SO, he found a job in bike riding distance of our home, that pays $.50 more PER HOUR than the one he had to drive 45 minutes to do.  Then, he got a secondary night job.  Between the two of them, God has continued to meet our needs.  I've also been doing babysitting jobs so I can help earn a little more while staying with our sons.

SO, here we are now, five months in, and God has given Doug a new job.  He starts on the 12th of next month, which will be 6 months, minus a week, since our lives were turned upside down.  We are moving out of state, about 6 hours away from both of our families, but I will be totally at home with the boys.  No more interpreting. No more babysitting.  Just homeschooling.  It's going to be such a break for me!!!  We think we've found the place we are going to live, and I'm excited because it's seemed that we have a new church there as well.

God has been, is continuing to be, and will remain ever faithful!!  I'm actually excited about what he is going to do next.

No comments: