You know, there's always those days where you wonder if God is really there... Really listening.
This week at our church is a revival meeting. The things the Lord has touched my heart about are vast, but one of them has been trusting him with EVERYTHING! So many times, it's easy to trust him about me, but when it comes to my husband or my boys, it's hard to just let go and let God.
As in all marraiges, there are things about Doug that I would love to change, but watching God do the changing on His time table has been neater still. I've watched God give my husband convictions without ever opening my mouth about them. I've seen Doug change so much since the day we got married. Not that I didn't love him that day, or that I didn't think he was wonderful then. Just things that I was willing to accept in order to be in his life.... those things I've watched God change all on his own. Stupid things.. Tripping over his shoes in the middle of the night, and praying in my heart that God would help him to remember to put them away.... Washing the towels for the third day in a row and asking God to help him rinse the toothpaste off rather than wiping it on the towels (ok, so I did ask him once why he wiped it on the towel). But God did all the reminding. I didn't have to nag him or tell him what I wanted, GOD did it!
It's memories like that that help me continue, since I know that if God cared about the stupid things that I cared about, then it's a sure thing that he cares about the big things that I care about. Things that bother me more than toothpaste and shoes. I'm just glad that I get to go to my Heavenly Father about all things and know that he cares about them.
"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, THEN thou knewest my path." Psalm 142:3a
"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." Psalm 61:2-3
How to Store Cornmeal to Prevent Spoilage
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment