Sunday, October 10, 2010

So Much to Share.......

I have gotten SO busy, that I have forgotten to keep a written record of my life, and share with those who follow me.

Here goes.  Since I last posted a month ago, we have:

  • Had another revival, this one about the home.  The one single statement that sticks with me overall is, "Ladies, being a wife is like riding on the back seat of a motorcycle.  You have no control over it, you're in complete subjection to whatever the driver desires.  If you are only subject to them, you may reach over and try to control the bike yourself, but you know how well that goes.  However, if you submit by getting really close to the driver, and praying hard, you can actually enjoy the experience."  Gave me a brand new perspective on my life.
  • Gone to Florida for my cousin's wedding.  It was a grand old time!  My boys got to meet my aunt and uncles and grandmother.  We were able to spend more time with them, and the boys REALLY had a blast.  They were spoiled to death!!!  
  • They had the opportunity to sit on Uncle Dave's Harley,



  •  Dress up like a biker gang



  • And swim to their heart's content.


  • While they were swimming one day, Aaron got out of the pool and took off his water wings while he played on the patio.  Forgetting he didn't have them on, he walked right down into the pool, and the water was over his head.  My Uncle Britt was watching them at the time, and said he was getting ready to get him out (having given him just enough time to be scared senseless so he wouldn't forget again), and as he went to get Aaron, Nate reached out, grabbed Aaron, and drug him over to the steps, placing his hand on the bar so Aaron could pull himself out of the water.   When Uncle Britt told Nate that he had saved his brother's life and he was a hero, Nate simply shrugged his shoulders and said, "He grabbed me first."   Well, if that wasn't funny enough, later on when my Mom was watching the boys, she called them out of said pool to get a drink.  Nate comes over, takes a HUGE drink and says, "Whew, Lifesaving is hard work!!!!"
  • Lets see, I also have experienced a LOT of canning lately!!  I'll put up a different post on that.  It is it's own story.
  • I'm trying to think if I forgot anything, but I think that catches us pretty much up to date.  Now to post about the Canning project.

No comments: