Isn't it amazing to you that every day, we get a "do-over"?
I'm so glad of that. Without the "do-over's" I get every day, I don't know if my life would be livable. I wish I had done so many things differently, but I get to start over today. Fresh and new.
Doug and I are reading a book called The Traveler's Gift. In it, he goes to many different places in history, and talks to different people while he's there. Just a couple, he speaks to Anne Frank, and from her learns the truth that happiness is a choice. Just as complaining is a choice. By choosing not to complain, and choosing to be happy, you make your life a better place. Then, another stop he makes is to talk to Abraham Lincoln. There, he learns to forgive others for the things they have done to hurt him, and himself for his mistakes. That one hit me hard.
I can not move forward without forgiving myself for the past. I have determined to do that, and to move ahead with my life doing the best I know how to serve and love those in my life, and those closest to me. One day at a time, one thing at a time.
By forgiving myself, I give myself the freedom to move ahead and do what I know needs to be done. Sounds really "new age" to me, but it is in the Bible as well. In Philippians. "Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Now I'm doing just that.
Big Family Food and Fun: August 23-29, 2026
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment